Monday 26 October 2015

The Kajal



During those days, I was in the third year of the college. I detested make-up and any sort of accessory as I felt that it won't go with my looks and personality.

My "beloved" friends knew my taste and gifted me a "kajal stick" on my birthday. I was in a bit shock when I opened their present. My buddies forced me hard to use it and challenged me to use it the very next day.

With many doubts and loath, I finally decided to accept the challenge. After applying kajal, I looked myself in the mirror and I thought, "Yo girl, not bad." My mom also took notice of me and with a big smile she said," You look nice today." 

When I reached college that day, my every classmate stared me hard and gasped about my new look. Each of them said that I looked pretty and that, I should put on kajal every day. 

The buddies, who played prank with the gift, could not believe that it was going to be a positive surprise for them.


For the FIRST time in my life, I was praised for my beauty. For the FIRST time in my life, I got a warm feeling, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. 

For the FIRST time in my life, I had chosen my heart over my brain, the dare over the logics. 
For the FIRST time in my life, I was happy even when my beliefs had been proven wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment