Saturday 17 October 2015

Some great facts about Google


In 2008, Steve Jobs called Vic Gundotra, a Google Engineer back then, who handled all Mobile Applications, on a Sunday, to tell him that the second O in the Google logo didn't have the right shade of yellow.
“So Vic,” he said, “We have an urgent issue, one that I need addressed right away. I've already assigned someone from my team to help you, and I hope you can fix this tomorrow.”
“I've been looking at the Google logo on the iPhone and I’m not happy with the icon. The second O in Google doesn't have the right yellow gradient. It’s just wrong and I’m going to have Greg fix it tomorrow. Is that okay with you?”
Remembering the incident Gundotra once said, “When I think about leadership, passion and attention to detail, I think back to the call I received from Steve Jobs on a Sunday morning in January. It was a lesson I’ll never forget. CEOs should care about details. Even shades of yellow. On a Sunday.”

No comments:

Post a Comment