Saturday 31 October 2015

Surely I'm blessed to have someone like him in my life :)

25th July 2005

It was raining heavily when my dad called me up to ask me how my exam was. After the usual conversation I requested my dad to get me a new water bottle when he returns from his office.
 After few hours there was news about how Mumbai had come to hault as the city was struck by a major flash flood. There was news about children stranded in buses on their way back home, people stuck in their offices as no mode of transport was available. The death toll was increasing  due to rising water level.

My dad didn't return home that night but he assured us that he was safe in his office and he'll leave when things come under control.

Next evening we were waiting for his call as he had not called whole day and we were a bit worried. Suddenly the door bell rang and I knew it had to him.

He arrived home soaking wet and I was exuberant to see him.

He entered and the first thing he did was hand me over the new water bottle  I had requested for the previous day. I was absolutely shocked when I came to know that he specially went looking for a shop nearby to get  a new bottle instead of getting home safely which should've been his priority.

The small things he has sacrificed upon just to bring a smile on my face means a lot. Doing anything for him in return can't match up whatsoever.

Surely I'm blessed to have someone like him in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment