Friday 30 October 2015

Put an "OBSOLETE" tag on that "EGO" board



Inspite of the meeting in the morning @10, I was still in bed @9 because of  the previous night's hang over. Suddenly an alarm , a natural brain set alarm  woke me up reminding me of the meeting. I knew then itself that I am going to  mess the whole day, that was going to be one of the pretty good nightmares for  me and beautiful thriller story for my colleagues who always wait for the  explosion of manager on some one except on own self.
But I didn't have time to think everything then and so just hurried up with  my daily proceedings. As I live in a guest house, 4 of us in the room share a  single washroom. One of the guys in the room is without a job,so he doesn't have  time issues and one more is pretty curious about his job, o he will be out of  the house by the time I wake up.
One more guy left, he already woke up and getting up with his things. He  was about to go to take bath but he saw me hurrying and offered me to go first  and by the time, I came out , he brought breakfast(that is served downstairs and  we were on 3rd floor) for me. I didn't even had time to thank him that day but i  was admiring his kindness in my heart and in this clumsy, busy schedule , I  forgot something so important, so close to me in the house that day.
I was unable to recollect what I forgot, but everything around me started  changing. Every one who is passing by seemed a saint to me. Every word I heard  from any person started to make sense to me. I started listening to everything  everyone was saying. Got into an auto and the auto driver looked like a pretty  great human being. I got down walking so slowly, forgot about my meeting.  Singing birds made me smile. Rattling sounds of trees' branches and leaves  energised me. Every small thing started to mesmerise me. Every human being  started to amaze me. 
Finally, in the meeting hall, I was smiling , without any hesitation I said  "Sorry for being late,it was my mistake" . And after that, every thing went so  well unexpectedly. My manager didn't scold me(even through mail). I came out  smiling. I started smiling at every one I saw in my way , the watchman, house  keeping staff, vending boys , every one. 
That day, inspite of turning out to be bad , it turned out so good. When I  came back from office and I found myself laughing and playing with a group of  kids in front of a small house and 15 minutes later I realised that I was  completely soaked. Combing my hair with fingers and reached my house. As soon as  I opened my room, I saw that guy sitting near the window and enjoying the rain.  That moment, at that very moment, the thing which I forgot in the morning ,  which I unknowingly locked in the room came back to me. That was "MY EGO" . As  soon as I saw that guy without even a job enjoying the rain, it came back to me  . I don't know because of the jealousy or anything. It struck me hard. It was  there till I went to sleep.
Before going to sleep, I revised what happened, what good and bad the whole  day as Benjamin Franklin mentioned in his auto-biography. Then, I decided to put  an "OBSOLETE" tag on that "EGO" board. And I did that.
Now, the days are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment