Wednesday 28 October 2015

Humanity still exists

The security guy at the Visa office in Bangalore (vfs) told me that bags with laptop are not allowed inside, he said there is a locker room in front, keep it there.
I went to the locker room and for some reason it was too crowded, it was already 2.45 pm and the entry was supposed to be closed at 3. I saw this little girl sitting on the bench just outside the entry with a bag; I asked her if she can look for my bag while I go in, submit my passport and come back. She said no at first but then asked how much time will it take, to which I replied in an old fashioned way '5-10 minutes hardly'.
It took me around 25 odd minutes inside, and when I came back an old 30-something guy was sitting on that chair with his arm around my laptop bag. 



I slowly held the bag and pulled it to the right side of the bench, opened the bag and kept my Journal inside.

I heard him asking someone who was behind me "same guy?" 
I turned around and it was the same little girl nodding in a yes. He said that he was inside when I asked that girl to guard my bag, his work got over around 20 minutes back and wanted to leave, but the girl said "I would like to complete the responsibility I have undertaken" and insisted him to stay till I got out.

I had my office laptop, identities and valuables inside, I was fascinated by the commitment of that little girl, the morale his parents must have taught her and the helpfulness and kind nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment